Pomegranate juice is one of the best juice for anti-aging that you can find, and probably one of the most medicinal fruit juice of all time.
This fruit, pomegranate, has a long history in traditional medicine, mainly because it is high in antioxidants.
Antioxidants help to prevent free radicals from damaging your skin cells and subsequently helps them stay healthy and youthful. In this article, we will discuss why pomegranate juice is the best juice for anti-aging.
What is pomegranate?
Pomegranates are small, red fruits with a juicy and crunchy interior. Since 4000 B.C.E., the pom trees have been flourishing on the planet.
They originated in the Mediterranean and were later farmed further east in Iran, India, and Southern Europe. The tree grows well in the United States, particularly in dry areas.
Antioxidants, including vitamin C in pomegranates, operate by decreasing cellular damage in the body. Tannins, ellagitannins, and anthocyanins are additionally essential components present in it.
Anti-aging properties of pomegranate:
The fruit contains tiny compounds called ellagitannins, which, when ingested, are converted to a chemical called urolithin A.
Urolithin A is responsible for inducing mitophagy, extending longevity, and improving muscular performance (2).
Similarly, the Vitamin A found in pomegranates helps skin cells to produce more collagen for healthy-looking skin.
Collagen is a protein that keeps your connective tissues strong and supple, so it’s important for maintaining proper organ function and preventing wrinkles. It also helps with forming the basis of teeth, bones, cartilage, and blood vessels.
Anti-inflammatory property enhancing lifespan:
The oil from pom seed has been shown to reduce redness and dry, flaky skin as an anti-inflammatory due to the high content of omega-6 fatty acids oleic acid, linoleic acid, and palmitic acid.
Pomegranate seed oil’s unusual molecular structure allows it to penetrate deeply into skin and hair, delivering significant hydration and an anti-aging impact (3).
Pomegranate juice’s punicalagins have been found to decrease inflammation, which is one of the primary causes of many severe illnesses, including cancer and diabetes.
Anti-aging property through collagen production:
Skin naturally loses collagen as it ages, but poor nutrition, smoking, and other bad habits can hasten the process. The antioxidant content of pomegranates can help minimize the look of skin aging and keep the tissues strong and supple
Pomegranate uses as an anti-aging agent:
These all beneficial effects enhance the life span, thus providing anti-aging properties. Few fruits offer such a plethora of benefits (4):
- According to preliminary data, Pomegranate juice may be beneficial to men with prostate cancer, perhaps slowing cancer development and lowering the chance of death.
- Pom extract appears to help fight breast cancer cells. The juice also helps to decrease blood pressure in as little as two weeks when consumed regularly.
- Pomegranate extract appears to be helpful against various types of arthritis in animals and isolated cells.
- Pomegranate juice offers anti-heart disease properties in humans. For example, It raises your cholesterol levels and protects your LDL cholesterol from oxidation.
- Pom juice helps reduce erectile dysfunction, though more research is underway
- Pomegranate contains antibacterial and antiviral characteristics that may help prevent gum disease and yeast infections.
- Pom appears to enhance cognition in older individuals and after surgery, according to some studies.
- Pomegranate may increase workout performance by improving blood flow since it is high in nitrates.
- Pomegranate is capable of enhancing cognition in older individuals and after surgery, according to some studies. Furthermore, research on mice shows that it may help to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
Honestly, Pomegranate juice is our recommended best juice for anti-aging. if you want to look younger without having to resort to surgery, give pomegranate juice a try. And since it’s so easy to buy at the grocery store, there is no reason not to! Drink pomegranate juice daily and your body keeps healthy and young.